Who We Are
The Seattle Street Medic Collective is dedicated to the health and well being of our communities by providing on site and grass roots based first aid and medical support within the Seattle area. We hope to do this by disseminating our knowledge in an open, transparent and non-hierarchical method, and working with compassion and care.
We’ve already begun to provide medical assistance at protests, rallies, demonstrations and actions where traditional emergency aid can be completely unavailable. In addition to providing on site assistance, we hope to begin hosting and encouraging a range of diverse medical trainings, from protest care to bike safety, and would like to foster a range of diverse infrastructure to not only facilitate, but help empower our communities to take care of their own needs, and move away from a reliance on a corporate system that we feel is unjust, discriminatory and broken.
The Seattle Street Medical Collective is a group of individuals that contains health care professionals such as registered nurses, Wilderness EMT’s and first responders, as well as a host of non health care professionals dedicated to the health and well being of our communities.
If you are engaging in an action in which you are worried about police repression, or work or live with a community or a group of people who you feel would benefit from a medical training or simply have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Statement of Values
- We support all people’s rights to understand, access, & direct their own health and wellness.
- We envision a world free of all oppression and seek solidarity with those struggling towards personal and collective liberation.
- We believe that the personal is political and that self-care & mutual aid are necessary to sustain resistance.
- We embrace a philosophy of harm-reduction and non-judgmental care.
The Seattle Street Medical Collective is always looking to expand our membership in ways that enhance our collective’s capacity to fulfill our goals and visions. If you are interested in the possibility of working with our group, we would love to get to know you and your potential contributions to the collective. Here are some ways you can get to know us:
- Join our listserve (Join our Google Group from the link below!)
- Attend a training (watch this site for updates) / participate as a scenario patient
- Email us & meet with one of our members to learn more about our collective and about opportunities for mutual aid
|Seattle Street Medic Info list|
|Visit this group|